The pupil premium funding for schools is paid by means of a specific grant based on census figures.
The indicators used to distribute this will be:
- Parents/guardian in receipt of certain benefits (see below)
- Children adopted from Local Authority care
- Looked after children
- Service children.
In order to qualify parents/guardians must be in receipt of; either
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylym Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided that their annual income is less than £16,190 (as assessed by her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) and they are not in receipt of Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
The school will not be able to claim all the funding to which it may be entitled if you are an eligible parent but do not let us know. In these challenging economic times I hope you will understand the importance of this request. Please inform the office if any of the above applies to you or your family.
Thank you for your co-operation.